Saturday, February 25, 2012

About a month ago I decided to try and experiment that I read about online. As you might know I am an avid gardener. Specifically I am a vegetable gardener. The project I read about involved re-growing celery from the bottom of the bunch that you would normally discard. I started three celery bottoms by saving the last couple of inches and placing them in a shallow bowl of water. After three day I was almost ready to declare the project a bust but then decided to put the bottom in pots of moist soil. Within a day or so my celery has started to grown new stalks and leaves. The plants are now a couple of inches tall and very much resemble baby celery plants. I am excited to buy more celery in order to repeat the project. I dehydrate the celery and then have the bottom to grow for planting in my garden this summer.

No comments: