Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Planning...

This week I got the gardening itch. This is the time of year when I really start to feel the boredom of winter setting in and have to do something to convince myself that spring really is coming. When this happens I start to plan my garden. Each year I use graph paper to layout a plan for how I want to plant things in my various garden beds. This helps me to insure that I am not replanting the same items in the same plot each year. It also helps me to determine what seeds or plants I may need. This is the first year in a long time that I am not starting any plants from seeds inside. I really enjoy that process but don't feel like I need to this year as I still have lots of produce from previous years in the freezer. It feels good to plan and look forward to getting my hands in the soil.

No comments: