Friday, August 02, 2013

Excuses...

I am not good at making excuses. I would prefer to just be honest with people, but that isn't always possible. We know a family that has been trying and trying to make our children be "friends". The problem is that our kids are very different, and our families are very different. The mother of the family seems to think that because we home school, and they home school we must think the same on everything. The reality is that our parenting styles are very, very different. I have yet to have play date where I didn't walk away feeling slighted or angry about something the mother implied I should be doing (like spanking my kids), or the way she parented her children. My kids listen to me without hitting or screaming. They understand limits, and we don't treat them like babies. I have tried time and time again to open my mind to this family, but I find myself more and more often just making excuses as to why we can't or don't want to get together.

No comments: