Sunday, July 21, 2013

Visit from friends...

My son has a friend over to visit for a while. This child is super nice, and we enjoy having him here. The only thing that drives me just a little crazy is that every time he visit he wants to plan a sleep over. There are just days when we are tired and don't want to be kept awake all night by kids chattering. This is especially true when my husband has to work the next morning. Voices carry quite a bit in our house and having kids up all night is not fun for us. I have yet to agree to a sleep over because we feel like we just don't know this child's family well enough. I am not only concerned about my child sleeping at their house, but any problems that might arise from him sleeping here. I think too few people think through what baggage a child might bring into their home during an overnight visit. Once we know them better I might feel differently but for now the answer is going to be "no".

No comments: