Friday, August 03, 2012

The Coming Year...

Have you read about the drought? How could you not! It is a horrible thing which is going to have ripple effects on our country for sometime to come. My question is what are you doing about it? Are you stockpiling food or will you just adjust your budget when the time comes? I have always practiced a degree of preparedness in my life and the news of the drought has heightened this somewhat. I am putting away extra produce that I did not intend to can this year. I am also trying to extend my gardening season to grow more produce that I have in previous years. Another thing I am doing is trying to buy meat now while it is less expensive to freeze or can for the future. I keep reading that meat is going to be sky high and we eat a lot of protein. I am considering trying my hand at raising meat birds next spring if I can find someone to butcher them. What are your plans?

No comments: