Sunday, April 01, 2012

Teacher conferences...

One of the many things I love about having my children in a cyber school is the degree of teacher support that we experience. During the month my children and I get to have video conferencing with their teacher's to discuss whatever questions or issues we might be facing. When my children were in a traditional school we were only able to conference with their teachers once a year. Any other communication we received from the teacher was via a note sent home. I never  felt like I had a real relationship with their teacher's in that situation. I now really feel like my children's teachers are truly invested in their education and are evaluating them as a single student rather than in the context of a classroom full of other children. The emphasis is truly on their performance as a student rather than their role within the dynamics of a larger classroom full of children.

No comments: