Monday, April 02, 2012

So positive...

I love the attitude that my youngest son has towards himself. He sees his little being as totally awesome. Wouldn't it be great if we all could sit and list our positive attributes on a daily basis? The child told me today that he is creative and smart. He went on to tell me that he is full of good ideas. I felt like he deserved a trophy just for feeling so good about himself. In someone who is not five years old this type of talk might be viewed as conceited but it doesn't seem that way coming from him. What I heard him saying is that we are raising a child who feels positive about himself and his place in our world. I would so much rather him talk affirmatively about himself that to tear himself apart. As he grows older the world will undoubtedly shape his view of himself in a different way. For now I am happy to hear him be pleased with every facet of himself. 

No comments: