Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Maturing...

This morning I made a big decision for our older son. It seemed like he is finally old enough to stay home alone for wee bits of time. Given that he is almost thirteen this may seem late to some people. It seems like only yesterday I was shopping for  maternity dresses. I trusted him to stay home alone for a half hour today. Of course I lectured him on everything imaginable before leaving and quizzed him on security issues. I feel that the only way kids mature is by being given responsibility. He has always been a little late in the maturity department which made this a tough call. I figure there may come a time when he has to stay home alone and being ill prepared for that would make it harder. By taking baby steps he will be ready for the responsibility of staying home alone for longer periods of time. 

No comments: