Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What did she mean?

This week I was speaking with a friend about the size of our kitchens and layout of our houses. She has a house that is much smaller than mine and is always frustrated with it. I think I surprised her when I said that my kitchen frustrates me because it is larger than hers. What she doesn't realize is that this kitchen is half the size of the one at my previous home. In the conversation we started talking about decorating and she referred to my house as eclectic. I don't know if this was an insult or not. I can't judge because her home is decorated in rustic decor throughout. My house is eclectic in the sense that I have no theme. I collect things I like that are priced right. The colors might be atypical but they aren't wild. I just can't figure out if she like my house or thinks it is crazy. When I hear the term "eclectic" I think of the crazy neighborhood lady everyone gossips about. 

No comments: